Tips for Letting Go of the Controlling Nature of Food:
Hi Everyone! Below are some good tips about your food intake! It’s tough, but remember that with God, all things are possible!!! Every two weeks I will be expanding on one of these tips with some useful scripture to help motivate you!
- Put God above food by putting Him first every morning. Ask Him to stay with you throughout the day. Remember His presence as you move to the kitchen.
- Confess to Him any sin in your life. Give Him the hard issues in your life, instead of taking them all upon yourself.
- Confess your hurts and/or loneliness to the Lord and ask for healing of pain, and emotions.
- Use a smaller plate and containers for portion control.
- Eat only real food (Meats, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains).
- Stay away from processed foods, and try to eat organic, and non-GMO when you can. It’s not as expensive as you think if you eat seasonally.
- Don’t keep temptations in the house. Example: If you must have a cookie, go out for one instead of keeping a whole bag in the pantry. This is one that I struggle with!!!
- Switch up your grains with some new ones that don’t contain gluten (use brown rice, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, gluten-free oats, etc.).
- Do you have a five-minute exercise plan? If not, start one. Begin there and add a minute every two weeks until your reach 30 minutes a day. Include cardio, resistance, and core training. (A good program is DDP Yoga)
- Don’t go back for seconds and don’t fill your plate full on the first go around.
- Eat slower and enjoy each bite.
- Don’t use the computer or talk on the phone while you eat, so that you can taste the food you ate and remember how much you actually ate.
- When you are stressed try one or more of these things: pray, go outside, breathe, pray, walk, call a friend, pray, play a board game, laugh, pray, take a drive, dance, listen to some great music, pray, take a long, hot bath.
- Remember that hormones affect weight loss or gain dramatically. If you think you should, have your estrogen, testosterone and thyroid levels checked. It could be life changing.
- Remember that God loves you and that you are his beautiful creation, created on purpose for a purpose.
- Thank God daily for your life and for something unique or special about you.
Psalms 63: 1-7 O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless you while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember you on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.